If you’re a new Mercedes-Benz owner in Covina, you’ve probably read up on Mercedes-Benz oil service. It’s a vital component of keeping your luxury ride performing at peak levels on Southern California freeways, but what exactly should you expect when it comes time to visit the service center at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina? Here is a brief overview before we go into more detail down below:
- Receive a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement* for model years 2009 and newer, per the Mercedes-Benz Service Aor Mercedes-Benz Service B requirements
- Complete an oil change for model years 2008 and older (when not part of Service A/B)
- Perform Oil Filter Replacement* with OEM Mercedes-Benz parts
- Proper recycling of the old filter
Take a moment to learn more about the major details regarding oil service for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle with our dedicated service team, below!
How Do Synthetic Oil vs. Regular Oil Differ?
Before going any further, you may have one big question on your mind: “What is synthetic oil?” Comprised of a base oil, powder additives, and a carrier oil that assists the additives with even distribution, synthetic oil is really only similar to conventional oil in that they are both made from refined crude oils. The main distinction between synthetic vs. regular oil is the amount of refining involved. Synthetic oil is refined, distilled, purified, and broken down at the molecular level, giving it a few significant advantages over conventional oil, such as:
- Similar molecule sizes create less friction
- Smoother engine operation (attributed to the powder additives)
- Greater performance in the sometimes extreme La Puenta heat
- Fewer impurities in the final, refined oil
- Reduced deposits
Which Synthetic Oils Can Be Used for Mercedes-Benz Vehicles?
- Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic Formula 15w-50
- Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic Formula 0w-40
- Valvoline Synpower Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5w-40
- Castrol Syntec 5w-50
- Castrol Syntec 10W-40
- Quaker State Full Synthetic European Formula 5w-40
- Pennzoil Synthetic European 5w-40
- 76 Pure Synthetic Motor Oil 5w-40
- Castrol TXT Softec Plus 5w-30
- Shell Helix Ultra 5w-30
- Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40
When Should Synthetic Motor Oil Be Replaced?
Mercedes-Benz Service A** and Service B** intervals include Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement and Oil Filter Replacement. What does this mean for Glendora Mercedes-Benz drivers? You can worry less about monitoring your odometer and tracking the months that pass between oil services. Thanks to your luxury vehicle’s convenient Flexible Service System, you’ll receive a notification when it’s time to schedule Service A^ (every 10,000 miles or 1 year) or Service B^ (every 20,000 miles or 2 years) at a West Covina-area certified dealership.
Keep Up with the Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Schedule at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina
When it’s time for a Mercedes-Benz Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement, you can rely on the certified technicians at the Mercedes-Benz of West Covina service center. Schedule an appointment with our certified technicians today! Our service center is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and tools, so whether it’s Mercedes-Benz oil service or a tire rotation you’re in for, you can rest assured the job will be done with great care. Have further questions about the Mercedes-Benz maintenance schedule? Contact us to learn more!