The DISTRONIC PLUS® active cruise control system allows you to follow the flow of traffic by presetting a distance interval. Not only does this system operate like a standard cruise control system, but it also makes cruising the Covina highways and byways in your new Mercedes-Benz more enjoyable. This system uses radar technology to monitor the distance between you and straight-ahead vehicles. Learn more about how DISTRONIC PLUS® operates below!
How Does DISTRONIC PLUS® Work?
If your vehicle is equipped with DISTRONIC PLUS®, here’s a quick guide on how to use the system:
- DISTRONIC PLUS® functions a lot like a standard cruise control system. You can find its controls on the lever attached to the steering column.
- To set your cruising speed, move the lever up or down. Moving the level up increases the speed by one mile per hour and moving it down decreases the speed.
- When you press the lever hard, it’ll increase or decrease the speed by five miles per hour.
- Press the brake pedal or push the lever away from you to cancel your most recent cruise control setting.
- Pull the lever toward you to resume the last set speed.
- Turn the knob at the end of the lever to choose the distance interval, which is viewable on the central screen.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® will automatically bring your car to a stop if traffic stops. If you’re stopped for longer than three seconds, simply tap the gas pedal or pull the lever toward you to continue traveling.
Note: DISTRONIC PLUS® is intended for highway use only. As the driver, it’s up to you to remain vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times. If you have questions about this system, read your owner’s manual or speak with one of the staff members at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina.
DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist
DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist is an upgraded version of DISTRONIC PLUS®. This system helps La Puenta drivers stay centered in their lane by monitoring lane markings and other cars on the highway. This allows the system to adjust the steering during tight turns, helping you stay in your lane. DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist can also sense when the driver takes their hands off the wheel. This feature offers a greater sense of safety on La Puenta roadways.
Mercedes-Benz Cars with DISTRONIC PLUS®
You can find DISTRONIC PLUS® on the following Mercedes-Benz models:
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA
- Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLC
- Mercedes-Benz SL
DISTRONIC® is also making its way into all-new and upcoming models, such as the all-electric 2020 Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV.
Learn More About DISTRONIC PLUS® at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina!
Curious how DISTRONIC PLUS® works in person? Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina or visit us near Baldwin and Glendora! Our team can put you behind the wheel of a new model with DISTRONIC PLUS®, as well as other technologies from Mercedes-Benz, such as COMAND®, ATTENTION ASSIST®, and BlueTEC®at a Mercedes-Benz price that fits well with your unique budget.