How to Clean Car Floor Mats
After taking your vehicle to be cleaned and detailed in Covina, you’ve seen how clean your car’s interior can be. How does the service team at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina do it? Not only are the windows, dash, and upholstery cleaned, but so are the car’s carpets and floor mats. When you’re in between car detailing appointments, all your La Puenta vehicle needs to look clean is a thorough wipedown and deep cleaning of the floor mats. Learn more about how to clean car floor mats with the service team at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina. Then, check out our service specials so you’re guaranteed the best price on your next visit!
How to Clean Carpeted Floor Mats
When learning how to clean carpeted floor mats, some professional car detailers prefer to use hot water extractors or steam cleaners to shampoo carpet floor mats. Even though a steam cleaner can disinfect your vehicle’s interior, you can also use these to deep clean your floor mats, but they aren’t necessary. Here’s a more basic way to clean your carpet mats:
- Use a wet/dry vacuum
- Apply carpet floor mat cleaner with a spray bottle
- Apply a stain remover with a scrub brush if needed
- Use a hose or bucket of water on a terry cloth or cotton towel to wipe away soap and debris
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
Learning how to clean rubber floor mats at home only takes a few cleaning items that you probably have readily available in Glendora. Everyday cleaning supplies and methods can clean rubber floor mats:
- Vacuum your floor mats and shake them out to remove debris.
- Spray down your mats with water. You don’t need to saturate them, but if you have access to a warm, dry space and time to let them fully dry out without getting moldy, you can get them fairly wet, as water will help encapsulate dirt.
- Scrub your mats to agitate. Then, spray them all over with floor-mat cleaner or all-purpose cleaner. Agitate again and let sit if there are stubborn stains.
- Rinse your mats off. Squeeze out the water with your hand, a ruler, or a squeegee.
- Re-fluff the carpeting pile and inspect your mats. If there are stubborn stains, use a dedicated stain remover and blot with a towel, then spot rinse.
- Remove excess water by towel drying. Then, leave your damp mats to dry in the sun or somewhere warm and dry.
Learn More Car Care Tips from Mercedes-Benz of West Covina
Have further questions about how to clean rubber floor mats or carpet floor mats? Don’t hesitate to contact us at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina. Our service experts are here to help! Need a car detailing? Schedule an appointment!