To keep you safe and maintain visibility on Covina roads, it’s important to know how to clean a car windshield inside and out for a streak-free shine. But what are the best methods to know how to clean inside car windows? Can you use Windex on car windows? Learn how to clean a car windshield, inside and out, with this guide from the service team at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina. Then, check out our other service tips and tricks!
How to Clean Inside Car Windows
Whether you’re cleaning the windows or windshield in La Puenta, the methods for how to clean inside car windows are the same. Follow these easy steps to cleaning inside car windows below:
- To remove dirt and grime, first use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe off the surface of your glass.
- Spray a glass cleaner directly into a cloth and wipe down the inside of your windows and windshield.
- Then, apply rubbing alcohol to another clean microfiber towel and wipe down the inside surfaces of the window to remove grease and oils.
- One final coat of glass cleaner or glass polish will give you crystal-clear transparency!
Can You Use Windex on Car Windows?
Many Glendora drivers wonder, ‘can you use Windex on car windows?’ Yes, you can! But, keep a few things in mind when Windexing car windows:
- If you have tinted windows, you might want to rethink your options. Typically, there is no evidence that Windex with ammonia causes issues. Factory-tinted cars shouldn’t have a problem. But if you’ve got a third-party tint, you might want to skip the Windex.
- If you use Windex inside the car, be extra careful. The chemical compounds in the solution can discolor your leather seats permanently.
Have questions about cleaning products to maintain your car? Contact our service center!
More Tips and Tricks
Check out these tips and tricks to washing your vehicle’s windows:
- Keep ending up with streaks or paper lint? Swap your paper towels for a microfiber cloth.
- Can’t quite reach the corners of the windshield? Pick up a reach-and-clean tool at our parts department.
- Want to scrub more efficiently? Start with circular motions to cover the surface of the glass quickly and end with vertical motions to prevent streaks.
Learn More Service Tips and Tricks with Mercedes-Benz of West Covina
Now that you know how to clean car a windshield, inside and out, contact us at Mercedes-Benz of West Covina with any questions! From helping you keep your car clean to learning about your maintenance schedule, we’re here to help with it all.